MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New MyBB user - change theme ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed MyBB and would like to have it look like this forum, i.e., this soft gray background and forum shadings. It is much easier to read than the default coloring that came with the installation.

Is this theme offered somewhere for download by users of MyBB and if so, what is the title and location?

I'm really new to all of this and need to ask, if I download a theme, do they usually install with default settings? Much of the technical terms are beyond my understanding but I can usually follow well written instructions.

My thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Mary
This is a custom theme, based on the default theme with a few modifications to match the rest of the site, and is not available for use.

Installing a theme is as simple as uploading the images and importing the XML provided via the ACP. Alternatively you can create a custom theme yourself.
While this theme is not available for download. There are many themes available for download.

http://mods.mybb.com/themes

to

just import the theme from the admin control panel and upload the images.
My thanks for such quick answers. You've both been very helpful. I've found a theme that is similiar to this one and am off to see if I can manage the installation!

Mary