MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Undefined" Replies? Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://higeography.com/forums/thread-603.html

I replied twice, as a guest and a moderator... both comments were defined as "undefined". I'm sure it had something to do with editing the global template. I edited the thead bit and couple others, so i could get rid of the blue and change the text to white. How can i resolve this 'undefined' issue.
often it is a jquery conflict. you add any new JS recently?
(2013-03-13, 05:24 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]often it is a jquery conflict. you add any new JS recently?

I don't think so... how would i go about being sure? Most, if not, all my plug-ins are php.
I been getting this for a few versions now and I don't use any jquery on my site. I get tons of "undefined" actions per day on the site and members complain about empty PMs and posts all the time. It became so bad that I added a blank undefined page at HF so I don't see the 404 errors in the logs.

MyBB should hunt this down.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127983.html

And I made that change. It helped but I think there is a problem somewhere else.
(2013-03-14, 08:30 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I been getting this for a few versions now and I don't use any jquery on my site. I get tons of "undefined" actions per day on the site and members complain about empty PMs and posts all the time. It became so bad that I added a blank undefined page at HF so I don't see the 404 errors in the logs.

MyBB should hunt this down.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127983.html

And I made that change. It helped but I think there is a problem somewhere else.

But you run ads on HF that are NOT in iframes, so if they load JQuery or some other JS and it can cause an error or conflict. Wrap your banners in an iframe, which is or a least was IAB complaint for tracking and see if the problem goes away.

Everytime I have ad these errors, I have found a JS error or conflict. Fix the JS and the undefined goes away.
Now i am getting report that people can't post pictures or links or anything.

This has started happening since I made changes on the global template on mybb admin cp page. Was i suppose to edit the global template on FTP?

Yeah, the ads... hmm I did recently upload an ad, let me check if that is the problem.
Quote:But you run ads on HF that are NOT in iframes, so if they load JQuery or some other JS and it can cause an error or conflict.

SLAPS forehead. That could be the problem for sure. BuySellAds has some code I had to place in headerinclude which is JS. Hmm..might have to review and recode that.
(2013-03-14, 11:11 PM)higeography Wrote: [ -> ]Now i am getting report that people can't post pictures or links or anything.

This has started happening since I made changes on the global template on mybb admin cp page. Was i suppose to edit the global template on FTP?

Yeah, the ads... hmm I did recently upload an ad, let me check if that is the problem.

You don't change templates with FTP.
It was the ad, got it fixed, thanks!