MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: domain name vs ipaddress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently setup mybb on a test site on my VPS at www.mysite.com, and board installed correctly just fine.

But I would also like to be able to visit the site via its ip address of xx.xx.xx.xx.

When I visit the IP Address, the board is missing its css, having login issues, etc.

Some quick google searches have me looking to edit the inc/settings file, and probably changing the bburl variable.

But can I have it point to both correctly?
(2013-03-13, 05:28 PM)ptmuldoon Wrote: [ -> ]I recently setup mybb on a test site on my VPS at www.mysite.com, and board installed correctly just fine.

But I would also like to be able to visit the site via its ip address of xx.xx.xx.xx.

When I visit the IP Address, the board is missing its css, having login issues, etc.

Some quick google searches have me looking to edit the inc/settings file, and probably changing the bburl variable.

But can I have it point to both correctly?

this could be down to settings.php ... if your settings.php contains a url if you enter an ip address the directory structure is lost ..
eg
www.mysite.com (is in settings.php)
http://192.1.1.100 (is not)
so the browser can find www.mysite/ (all the .. css and cache) but can not find the ip address version as it is not defined in your settings.php
to date I don't think it is possible to define both a url and ip address in mybb but I guess some one else will know better than me