MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages load slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed my pages are loading slow. Could I have too many plugins running.

Has anybody got ant suggestions.

Thanks
(2013-03-13, 09:06 PM)shazie Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed my pages are loading slow. Could I have too many plugins running.

Has anybody got ant suggestions.

Thanks

as an admin look at the debug entries on the index page .... if you don't have it switched on do acp->config->Server and Optimization Options->Advanced Stats / Debug information =yes from there you can see server loads etc .... perhaps switching on Gzip (if supported) compression will help
Are you on shared hosting and have you run a tracert to your domain?

One thing you can do if you haven't already, is use cloudflare for your CDN to speed up delivery of your content to end users. Works great! However it wont speed up your server performace of course.... if you're on shared hosting or VPS and load on that server is super high OR the internet network path to or from your server is uber congested... well you'll still have the load speed issues.
thanks Jim, I've checked those and they were set right.

I was wondering if it is my host because my wordpress site is slow to load to.

How would I run a tracert on my domain??? And I've never heard of cloudfare, although I saw a plugin with that word...lol...I think
Cloudflare is not a MyBB plugin and you'll never need a MyBB plugin to use it.. it's a CDN:
http://www.cloudflare.com/

run tracert by opening command prompt if you have a Windows OS,
type tracert YOURDOMAIN.COM
replace YOURDOMAIN.com with your domain with suffix without the protocol (no http://www.)

After is runs it's course it can indicate where along the path the problem could be.

edit:
it could be your host yes.. it could be your connection or somewhere along the way for you to connect to your host. It could be a number of things... just run tests until you can isolate what the issue most likely is.
also you may want to share your stats/debug info.