MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube has just given Responsive Control!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.youtube.com/onechannel

I've a few YouTube channels, I logged in today and found the above link.

"You are more than the sum of your uploads. On your new channel, branding works across devices, you can reach out to non-subscribed viewers, and you can show off more of your content so fans will go deeper."

and

"All your viewers can become subscribers. You just need to win them over. With the new design you can feature a trailer that plays only when non-subscribed viewers land on your channel. This is your chance to let them know what your channel is all about and encourage them to subscribe."

WHOA WHAT?! YouTube just hit a new level of awesome!
If you're into YouTube I'm sure you'll realize how exciting this is!
check it out!
I never picked up the habit of using YouTube, but those do sound like good upgrades.
Thanks for the news.
I'm trying to decide what to do with my banner. Does anyone have a suggestion? I can imagine some things, but I don't really like how they're coming out.
(Won't drop links in this post, but you can get to GVG via my sig)
I know! This new banner idea is one of the worst yet of YouTube's imo... I much prefer wrapping the page in 2 separate left / right images then add a header image on top.. so annoying having this new banner limitation. But maybe they'll open up more options to sponsored channels. In any event.. yea I'm in the same boat in trying to figure out a nice looking solution for the new banner thing.
Seems like.a clever move. Hopefully one day YouTube will be prprofitable for Google
I think it looks cool. I'll probably update my channel later. I never liked automatic video playing, on a channel, but I think as an "intro" to your channel it makes it a little better.
Thanks.

I updated mine yesterday. Smile
(2013-03-14, 10:40 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like.a clever move. Hopefully one day YouTube will be prprofitable for Google

I genuinely didn't know it wasn't profitable. That's astonishing.
(2013-03-14, 05:08 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-14, 10:40 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like.a clever move. Hopefully one day YouTube will be prprofitable for Google

I was thinking the same thing......

People make a living off of YouTube...
(2013-03-14, 10:10 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-14, 05:08 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]

I was thinking the same thing......

People make a living off of YouTube...

Doesn't mean YouTube is profitable for Google. It's bound to be a tough when your streaming videos all the time and using a ton of bandwidth.

http://www.neowin.net/news/youtube-still...-its-close
Pages: 1 2 3