MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No AdminCP?! PLEASE HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, my forum has no Admin Control Panel anymore. I had one before, and it worked, then it left.
Here's a picture:
Click Here PEOPLE

It happened right after I installed MyShoutbox 1.7, should I remove it?

PLZ HELP!
strange... FTP access your site and let me know if everything looks okay in admin cp.

Edit:
also if you know how.. download your current admin folder on your server to a spare folder on your desktop. Get one of your backups and compare if there are any differences within that folder... If you didn't make a backup well... you should.. but you can get XAMPP and install a default matching version number of your server's MyBB installation then compare the localhost admin directory to your server directory that you downloaded. Quick glance at the file sizes may indicate where the problem is if your site was compromised.
(2013-03-14, 05:05 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]strange... FTP access your site and let me know if everything looks okay in admin cp.

Edit:
also if you know how.. download your current admin folder on your server to a spare folder on your desktop. Get one of your backups and compare if there are any differences within that folder... If you didn't make a backup well... you should.. but you can get XAMPP and install a default matching version number of your server's MyBB installation then compare the localhost admin directory to your server directory that you downloaded. Quick glance at the file sizes may indicate where the problem is if your site was compromised.

My site couldn't of been hacked, nobody has the link but me, and I don't have a backup... If anything helps, i'm using x10Hosting, and upload files through CPanel.
Why are you using CPanel for uploading? I wouldn't. Anyhow using free hosting imo is not a good idea but it's do-able. But they can delete your forum and all your hard work at a drop of a hat. All someone has to do with x10Hosting is send them an email claiming DCMA and they'll remove the site. They won't even ask you or verify. I've seen it happen to friends on both ends of that spectrum.
Since you don't have backup I would replicate your install on XAMPP locally (use the XAMPP version that has the PHP version that matches your server's php version) and then compare for any differences IF.... and this is after you'd do the following:

look at your hosting dir with CPanel and is admin dir there and does everything look fine?

Could also be a .htaccess issue but I dunno if x10Hosting allows .htaccess editing. If so make sure you don't have deny all in it for that .htaccess for the admin dir.
Personally, my advice is if you can afford paying $4 a month, get a better web host.