MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Downtime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,

whats up with the downtime today?
We've had a few issues over the last few days which weren't directly related to the site but we felt the impact of it. The origin server was completely unreachable. Unfortunately it's out of our control. There was some downtime the other day but I don't believe it was noticeable as the first I heard about it was from Chris.
what about the downtime that just happened?
(2013-03-14, 09:27 PM)Detrition Wrote: [ -> ]what about the downtime that just happened?

As above, most likely. I couldn't connect to the origin server. I don't believe it was an isolated issue but only Chris knows for sure.
Our origin servers were subject to a large scale denial of service attack, which resulted in our provider having to null route traffic. As of right now, traffic is routed slightly differently so we can scrub the traffic and keep the site up.
Server push is likely؟
Which means through cloudflare now?
When an IP application would impose too much on the server. Way you
(2013-03-14, 09:50 PM)Detrition Wrote: [ -> ]Which means through cloudflare now?

We've been using CloudFlare since last June but that's at DNS level. It was an attack on the network itself.
Interesting, Will keep a watch on it.
Pages: 1 2