MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I've been trying to design a custom profile page for a MyBB theme, and was struggling to come up with something good. After hours of playing around with ideas I ended up with this, and wanted to know what you guys thought of it:

http://i.imgur.com/ZiWYHwc.png

I'm not really looking for feedback on the "design" perse, but rather the structure and layout of the profile elements. Can anyone link to some examples of themes which have good custom profile pages?

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Sorry wrong section, I meant themes development, not plugins >.<
Well I don't want to spam but I guess this is an example of a clean (but a bit bold) profile page. Yours looks quite good, I'm inclined to minimalism and I can think about something to remove, for example I don't really care about referred members and such, but it's not my theme so the choice is up to you.
(2013-03-14, 09:57 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don't want to spam but I guess this is an example of a clean (but a bit bold) profile page. Yours looks quite good, I'm inclined to minimalism and I can think about something to remove, for example I don't really care about referred members and such, but it's not my theme so the choice is up to you.

That's an excellent profile page, reminds me of facebook :p

Yeah, I sometimes find it difficult deciding what to remove and what to keep in, I mostly think this should be left up to the user of the theme, as websites all serve different purposes, so sometimes certain information may be more relevant than others.
Moving to themes & templates development.
Looks amazing and actually is original. I haven't seen any other like this. Smile Love it.
(2013-03-14, 09:42 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone. I've been trying to design a custom profile page for a MyBB theme, and was struggling to come up with something good. After hours of playing around with ideas I ended up with this, and wanted to know what you guys thought of it:

http://i.imgur.com/ZiWYHwc.png

I'm not really looking for feedback on the "design" perse, but rather the structure and layout of the profile elements. Can anyone link to some examples of themes which have good custom profile pages?

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Sorry wrong section, I meant themes development, not plugins >.<

Maybe you can write tutorial for custom profiles. It would be perfect!