MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My site just pushed this out!!!:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2005 - Unknown MySQL server host 'aahmed.db.10401478.hostedresource.com' (0)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
---------------------------------------------------------

What is going on?!?!

I cannot even get to admin page???
Try the solution provided in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-134303-...71675.html

It should fix for you too. Wink
Thanks for a prompt response

I went on godaddy and it says that the database is host: aahmed.db.10401478.hostedresource.com

???so its the same information hmm

Looks like the rumors of godaddy sucking bad are true Undecided

It's back up.. looks like the host was somehow not routing or whatever the case was as the server was 'up'... go figure... its back up...

Thank you for such a prompt response.

So I have one year of godaddy... i want to keep the domain but if i want to move to a better more reliable host do you guys have any suggestions.

Can't complain with the price I paid under 150 for a year's worth of hosting, domain registration, ssl, sql, email and lots of other goodies... good learning experience too but i intend to make my site popular and wide spread... i need to plan ahead Undecided Suggestions?
Just take the experience as a bad one and move on; and never, in my opinion, even though I run a host, pay for years worth of hosting.

You can choose another host and then point your NS records to the new host, wait for it to propagate, and then start transferring files over.

If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask Smile