MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yet another vent session: Frustrations of being a designer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So the other day I had a member on ThemeFreak.net PM me for support for one of my premium themes. As always I require them to give me their transaction ID so I confirm they purchased the theme from me. This member sent me one as if he knew what I meant and since I was preoccupied at the time I approved him for support access without checking the ID.

He proceeded to ask me a multitude of questions for problems the theme was having. The funny thing was these problems have never occurred before with any of my themes so I was wondering how they were manifesting themselves.

After about his 20th question and me wasting hours supporting one premium customer I grew angry and starting looking at all the source code and problems and quickly realized that this theme couldn't have been purchased from me as the image folder structure was set up differently. I quickly took away the customer's access to support section and demanded he confirm he payed for the theme as I was sure he was using a ripped version.

Here is our exchange:

crazycents Wrote:
wils172 Wrote:I've removed your access to the support forum. From what I can see you didn't purchase the theme from my site and I can not confirm your transaction ID. Please confirm that you purchased the theme or I will be forced to send a DMCA takedown notice to your host to have your site taken down for using the theme illegally.

I don't appreciate the treatment I am receiving as a paying customer. I bought this theme off someone on a forum, and I've paid via paypal. I started asking him these questions about the theme, and he said that I should ask on themefreak.net. You make the theme, right? So this seems like it is the appropriate place to get support. And I still have access to the support forum.

Best regards.

WTF!? This guy bought the theme from someone else and that guy had the nerve to send him to me for support! Did I just get screwed twice? I think so!
Yup, you got screwed. I would try to track down the guy he bought it from though.
(2013-03-15, 12:27 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, you got screwed. I would try to track down the guy he bought it from though.

I'm trying, but I think I know already. I just can't believe they had the nerve to send him to me for support.
Why it makes the problem yours. If I was stealing themes and reselling them I would probably do the same thing Toungue.
(2013-03-15, 12:31 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Why it makes the problem yours. If I was stealing themes and reselling them I would probably do the same thing Toungue.

I knew it was you! Toungue
(2013-03-15, 12:29 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-15, 12:27 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, you got screwed. I would try to track down the guy he bought it from though.

I'm trying, but I think I know already. I just can't believe they had the nerve to send him to me for support.

He must be the worst theme ripper in the world. lol.

Though you got a ripper to handle, you will now check every transaction ID before approving. So there is a good in the bad.
(2013-03-15, 12:34 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Though you got a ripper to handle, you will now check every transaction ID before approving. So there is a good in the bad.

True
Lmao. At least put more effort of you're going to try to scam someone of their hard work. Tbh, you deserved a much better attempt. XD
>2013
>Still selling premades
(2013-03-15, 01:44 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]>2013
>Still selling premades

What's wrong with this? I make much more from premades than customs. Most customers want custom themes for under $50 which just isn't worth the time when I could make a premade and sell multiple copies for much more.

And it just keeps getting better. Now I'm the bad guy for demanding he remove the ripped theme or pay for a real copy

crazycents Wrote:
wils172 Wrote:
crazycents Wrote:
wils172 Wrote:
crazycents Wrote:
wils172 Wrote:I've removed your access to the support forum. From what I can see you didn't purchase the theme from my site and I can not confirm your transaction ID. Please confirm that you purchased the theme or I will be forced to send a DMCA takedown notice to your host to have your site taken down for using the theme illegally.

I don't appreciate the treatment I am receiving as a paying customer. I bought this theme off someone on a forum, and I've paid via paypal. I started asking him these questions about the theme, and he said that I should ask on themefreak.net. You make the theme, right? So this seems like it is the appropriate place to get support. And I still have access to the support forum.

Best regards.

That's what I thought. You did not purchase the theme from me and purchased a ripped/nulled version from someone else. That's why it has so many problems and isn't working right. Where did you purchase the theme from? Also, please remove the theme from your site at once or purchase it rightfully from themefreak.net.

Sorry wils, I am not repurchasing this theme. And, I don't take orders from you. I paid for the theme, and I am not going to increase my damages from being scammed. I was first scammed which resulted in a bad copy of the theme. Now you want me to loose my money - no way.

Best regards.

No. I want you to pay for a good copy of the theme and not purchase it from a third party scam services. You MUST remove the current theme as it has not been legally licensed to you. Also, please provide me a link to the site you purchased the copy from so I can take the necessary steps to have my products removed from their site.

No, why am I going to help you? You are refusing to give me customer support because I got "scammed" just because I am a victim why should I be punished more? I am not buying anything. I can make a deal with you for a real copy in exchange for the link where I got it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5