MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge a database with an existing forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to merge a database from one of my old forums to NCISForum.net
At the moment, I have the Database from PhpMYSQl

I tried using the merge system but it wants me to upload all the files,

Can't I just use the databaSE?

Thanx
aNYONE? Bump!?
It is pretty easy really. All you need to do is make a new database on the CPanel that you are hosting the new forum on. Then upload the database to it.

Then you follow the steps given on the documentation. Don't really understand what's needed to be different about this?
(2013-03-16, 11:29 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]It is pretty easy really. All you need to do is make a new database on the CPanel that you are hosting the new forum on. Then upload the database to it.

Then you follow the steps given on the documentation. Don't really understand what's needed to be different about this?

I already have a forum set up, I want to add posts and threads and users from an old forum to it.
(2013-03-18, 12:21 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system

Use the merge system...

It says I need all the files. I only have the DB well, I can download all the files but its soo annoyign1
anyone
You won't need all the files. Just create a database and import your old forum database to it. Run the merge system and in "Database configuration", enter the details of the database you created.

The merger system only need a database and it won't ask for files.
(2013-03-20, 01:57 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]You won't need all the files. Just create a database and import your old forum database to it. Run the merge system and in "Database configuration", enter the details of the database you created.

The merger system only need a database and it won't ask for files.

Create a database in mysql?
It said cannot connect to database, But I will try!
I gave you the correct answer and you ignored it. That is what you do.... Nothing to do with if you already have a forum or not.