MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change UIDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I merge a user into another user because they had two accounts, so would that make the rest of the uids go down one or what, and if not, how do I make it go down one, so there's not a gap in between?
you don't
If you merge the users the user IDs won't change.
User IDs will never be changed by MyBB. That can only be done through running a query (not advisable as your forum can get messed up).
Maybe someone could make a script or tool to search for every UID value that matches and change it to a different UID.

I've done this before on a small level and it worked fine.... not a big deal.. used on a thread and the first post. Changed from user A to user B (both admin made accounts). No issue.
The OP is asking whether all the other user IDs will change if they merged two users.
I went a bit off topic in my post.
I wouldn't merge users either, I'm just suggesting trying something different instead of directly merging them. Change all UID data of the extra to the original. It might be a solution.. just saying I did something similar and it worked that way. As far as the 1 person gap, that won't hurt anything.. it's normal for there to be non existing accounts along the UID increments.
(2013-03-16, 10:03 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]It might be a solution

To what problem?

IDs will have gaps in them no matter what you do. Every time you write something, save it as a draft, and then decide to not post it after all? Gap. Because drafts are stored in the same table as everything else.

Every time you delete a spammer? Gap. So what?

Let MyBB or rather let the database figure out the IDs. There is no problem whatsoever. Everything just works.
(2013-03-16, 10:25 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]To what problem?

That problem:
(2013-03-16, 08:36 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I merge a user into another user because they had two accounts...

No mergy tables. merge = possible issues. instead change UID for existing content... that's all I'm suggesting to do for next time. ID # gaps r none issue.
merging users is fine, if it's the core feature we're talking about
OP is clear he's worried about the gap in UIDs.

@OP..don't worry about it. It's irrelevant.
Pages: 1 2