MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Faux Ban Members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A user wants me to make the line through his username to make it look like he's banned when he's really not. He like joking around and I think his idea is funny but I'm not sure how I should try to do that or if it's readily possible.
If I change his username to
[s]username[/s]
will this cause any security risk or will it even parse properly? Is there another way? Thanks!
You can use MyCode or HTML in usernames.
What you can do is make a new usergroup for them with the banned username style, have that as their primary and add registered to their additional usergroups.
I can use or I can not use MyCodes and HTML in usernames??
Yea I was thinking about the usergroup thing but it's only him who wants it.. I have like 20 usergroups as it is so I want to keep them to a minimum lol.
Sorry can't use in usernames.
If this user is disparate and you really want to do it you can probable achieve this with a core edit.
Nah.. I think I'll just make another usergroup for the hundreth time lol.
ty. I'll give you credit as giving the answer. thanks. Smile
Ah thanks Big Grin and your welcome.
hey.. it's not making your post green like it normally does???
I just saw it green a second ago. Are you sure it is still marked as best answer? Because the jump to best answer link is missing.
I just clicked it again.. still no bueno...
Maybe I should report this in site issues??
On my post there should be in the top right hand corner mark as solved or unmarked as solved. Which is it?
Pages: 1 2