MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Incorrect number of replies after merge from phpBB3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I've recently moved my board from phpBB3 to MyBB and it works great. However, there is one problem that my users complain about, which I have not been able to reproduce yet (but have done some investigation):
Sometimes, a forum-view shows too many pages for a thread (one beyond what is needed), i.e. if a thread has 5 pages, there is a button for "6". When this is clicked, an error message is displayed (thread not found).

I have of course run the Recount & Rebuild tools and they completed fine.

What I noticed is that for old threads (i.e. those that already existed in the phpBB installation), the number of replies for every thread is off by one. For example, if a thread has 74 posts, the forum view would report it to have 74 answers, where it should be 73. For threads created after the migration, the behaviour is correct.
The strange thing is: Why doesn't the Recount-Tool fix this issue?

So, my assumption is that MyBB uses the number of replies to determine the number of required pages, and every time a thread hits the pagination limit, the problem occurs. A thread with 50 posts (i.e. 2 pages) would incorrectly be interpreted as having 50 replies (i.e. 51 posts) and therefore display a third page that has no posts, because the actual number is still 50. This example of course assumes 25 posts per page.

So, my questions are:
- Is this a known problem?
- Does my assumption sound reasonable (I'm new to MyBB, so I haven't dived into its inner workings yet)?
- What can I do about it? Wink

Any ideas or pointers to the right direction would be highly appreciated! Smile

Ouch. Eyes are a nice thing if you know how to use them. http://community.mybb.com/thread-84176.html (second command) and Recount solved it.
Sorry everybody, could have found that out without posting... Rolleyes
I guess this will also solve the incorrect pages. If not, I'll report back.