MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get Shadow Look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to have the kind of drop shadow, of the side of my container, like this forum.

Where and how could I do that?
Like which forum? You didn't hyperlink anything.
On this site, community.mybb.com the one were using, on the side of the container there is a shadow making it look like it is floating a bit. How would I do that for my forum?
I am not too sure but I think that is just a border?
You would have to know CSS. There are two ways you can do this (one which includes 2 separate ways.) >>

You can use css3 - http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/css-box-shadow/

The way mybb does it, Is by using a wrapper. For example, they have a container which is 1000px wide (not exact) and then they have a wrapper over it which is 1020px wide. The 20 px is divided into 2 and has 10px on each side. They then use a shadow on the sides using transparent images to fill the 10px on each side. They then make the 1000px transparent.

Another way is to use divs or tables which is way more complicated and not recommended.

In simple terms, you will need to know css and html in order to do this.
Just wrap a div around all your content and add "box-shadow: 0px 0px 6px #000000" as style.

Make sure to mess around to get desired effects.