MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user group permissions problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i went into user group permissions and set all options to no, apart from view board and view topics for the unapproved/not logged in user group and i pressed update. II was informed that the permissions had been updated.

They had not taken effect and when i went back into the user group permissions again they were all set back at yes.

have i missed something ?

cheers
What version are you using? What happens if you set them all back to no? Does it save?
i'm using 1.2.1 and i set them all to no and save ok. then go back in and they are all at yes.

pm me if you would like admin access to the forum. It's only a test forum with an old backup of a database on it so no problem giving you access.
Hum.. I understand that you mean now. Please upload a fresh copy of admin/usergroups.php from the zip file.
i tried that and i also downloaded again this time the gzip version and uploaded from that and it's still the same.

strange.

sorry to be a pita but i really want to convert to mybb but i just need to know how it works and what needs fixed before i do.
Ok. Please upload this attached file to your boards admin dir. This isn't any kind of fix or anything, just a little debuging.
ok that's up now christian..over written the one that was there with the one above.
Please try reuploading a clean admin/adminfunctions.php from 1.2.1 package please. I can't see why this should be a error at all.
just did that. it still the same and now i have a load of text options at the top of that particular page in the acp

I am going to go for a new install on my external server test it, then convert and upload the database and see what happens then.
please mark this as solved now.

I manually fixed the database. created a complete clean installation on my external server and moved to mysql 5.0.24.

this problem has now been fixed.

thanks for your help.