MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok. So I've created MyBB Modded, and used a bunch of plugins from MyBB Mods, and I'd like to release it so others can download it, with pre-installed mods.

Now, I pretty much figured that I have to get permission from the plugin owners, so that's what I'm doing.

Here is a list of the authors, of whom I need permission from, so I think.

Nitemare
Smethead
Jeff Chan
CraKteR
Arash_j13
MyBBoard.de
Tikitiki
DennisTT
Jesse Labrocca
Chris Boulton
Nickman and CraKteR
Christian

And here is a list of the plugins, that will be installed (not activated) when the board is released.

Emergency Message System
Advanced Stats on Index/Portal
Latest Attachment Gallery
Birthday Mailer
Classic Reputation System
Show Events on Index
invite new user
Last seen online in Postbits
Multiple reputations
Show the users that has been online today
Overview
Inline thread popup
Private Messages Admin
Private Message Report System
Portal Redirect
Post On Registration
Prune Members
Quick Language
Quotes
Restricted private messages
Restrict to IP
Rules Page (I included the readme in the plugins folder)
Status in profile
Trash Can Forum
Usergroup legends
Who Voted

Now, if anyone has any objections / questions / comments, feel free to leave a reply.

And to the authors of the plugins:
I have not edited your plugins, all I have done is placed the files in their proper places on the forum, and ready to be activated. Your copyrights are still in your files, and will not be removed.

Dr Small
This belongs in the Code modifications forum.

You can use my plug-in. You have to wait until everyone has said you may use their plug-ins or you have to remove the plug-ins you haven't gotten permission of, if the license doesn't say different of course.
I release all my plugins under GNU/GPL with attached license. However I don't approve of premodded mybb's. It defeats the point of the plugin system which allows for easy installation and deactivation of mods.

Good luck with your premod however.
Ok. Well see, Chris Boulton's Plugin, Rules Page said in the readme, that I had to include the readme with when I redistribute his plugin, so I included the readme along with the plugin.

Thanks, for allowing me the use of your plugins Big Grin

Dr Small
I'm just a little hesitant, but I guess you may use my plugins(more coming in the future).

DrSmall, you do realise that you'll have to provide support for your modded version(or at least that's my understanding of the license)? Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..
Quote:You agree that no support will be given to those who use the distributed modified copies.
There will be nothing different with the modded version of MyBB, save only that it comes with Plugins installed, but not yet activated.

It's not really anything different, accept for including the plugins in with the download.
So, it's not like I went around to every php file and changed something in it, and recreated the board and giving it a whole new name that doesn't represent MyBB.

All this is, is when the person is uploading, is the plugins come with the installation.
That's basically it.

Dr Small
A license is what it says, we are not going to give support to any modded version of MyBB. (As I read it)
Quote:It's not really anything different, accept for including the plugins in with the download.

This is why I don't think your efforts are worth it. There is nothing you are adding for value to your download. And be aware...you will STILL need to support anyone that has questions.
I don't think "modified copies" means core file edits, I think it means any modified release which includes new files. Language, plugin, etc. You will be modifying the zip file, so I believe that would be considered a modified copy. Which in turn means the MyBB Group is not responsible for support.
labrocca Wrote:
Quote:It's not really anything different, accept for including the plugins in with the download.

This is why I don't think your efforts are worth it. There is nothing you are adding for value to your download. And be aware...you will STILL need to support anyone that has questions.
It would save a lot of downloading, since it is all in one file.

What I would personally like to see (though I have no idea how to do it) is a download site where you select which plugins / mods you want installed, and the server "builds" your forum for you...in a zip file. I'm pretty sure it can be done with the right kind of script running on the server.
Pages: 1 2