MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My conversation with the owner of forumcore/webflake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-05-01, 06:22 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Alex has a point. And its not only that particular forum, your content may be shared on several other places as well.
Its really hard to pull of over 10 DMCA's at once, and well, nothing much can be done about it.

Just noticed this forum actually has a DMCA page detailing their process, so go file a DMCA to have your content removed other than that you wouldn't be able to shut them down Smile.
(2013-05-03, 06:58 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-01, 06:22 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Alex has a point. And its not only that particular forum, your content may be shared on several other places as well.
Its really hard to pull of over 10 DMCA's at once, and well, nothing much can be done about it.

Just noticed this forum actually has a DMCA page detailing their process, so go file a DMCA to have your content removed other than that you wouldn't be able to shut them down Smile.

They don't do anything with that though. I've filled it out before and they just ignore it and/or laugh at you.
(2013-05-03, 07:01 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-03, 06:58 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]

They don't do anything with that though. I've filled it out before and they just ignore it and/or laugh at you.

Then send your DMCA directly to their hosting provider, they will notify them of the DMCA and should give them a time frame to resolve it (Usually 24 - 48 hours). If it hasn't been removed by then the host should suspend them.

Yes they may just move on as mentioned before though you have to consider would they want to go through all the hassle just for one file? Chances are they will remove your content.
You can't DMCA an offshore host.
(2013-05-03, 07:29 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You can't DMCA an offshore host.

Who are they hosting with? Google would be the next step then.
Use this tool to have google search results of your content from his website removed from google. Keep submitting and he will eventually be blacklisted by google:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-dashboard
(2013-03-17, 07:54 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to try before buying, you should probably just talk to the creator, instead of using a flat-out ripped version.

Am I right?

I could not agree more than what was said above. Try it properly if the owner permits, not just steal it and say "I am trying it" when you gonna "buy it?" never??
Doesn't the author of themes 9 times out of 10 offer a free demo anyway nowadays? So most of the time that excuse of trying before buying isn't valid.

Then again most of the people who rip to try before buy never have had any intentions of ordering the themes later on...sad world we live in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4