MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to login or logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried in two seperate browsers (IE & FF), cleared cookies for both, etc. and am still unable to login to a client's forum. I've tried several times and I'm still showing up as a guest. Nothing malicious is going on as far as I know. I'm just unable to log in for some reason.

Thanks.

EDIT: Tried it in Opera, as well. :?
It is probably a problem with the board cookie settings. This has nothing to do with clearing cookies in your browser. The host of the forum will need to properly configure the cookies to the domain of their website for it to work.
Works fine on other domains on the same account w/ MyBB installed. Still think it's a server side issue?

Also... I'm able to log in just fine into the admin panel. Undecided
I uploaded a fresh global.php file. Seems to be working fine now.

Weird.

Well, it happened when I tried to change the navbit from

$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";

TO:

$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/forum.php";

I would really like to change that bit. Such a shame. Sad
You should actually be able to change that with no problems. Interesting that it didn't work.

Have you tried reapplying it?
Chris Boulton Wrote:You should actually be able to change that with no problems. Interesting that it didn't work.

Have you tried reapplying it?

I've tried it several times. I still had problems with it.

And not only that, I had to upload a fresh copy. If I just changed "forum.php" back to "index.php", it still had the same effect.

Strange, I know.
What's even stranger is, I'm totally able to change that. I confirmed it on two boards in two different servers. What I don't get, is why(or how) that would mess with your abilities to login or even logout.
You're saying you had no problem changing it?

hmmm... *plays theme from "The Twilight Zone"* Undecided
Well... ended up going through the cPanel editor and it worked like a charm.

How strange. All I did before was edit it in Notepad and upload the changed file. Guess something happened along the way.
IMPAQ Wrote:I've tried in two seperate browsers (IE & FF), cleared cookies for both, etc. and am still unable to login to a client's forum. I've tried several times and I'm still showing up as a guest. Nothing malicious is going on as far as I know. I'm just unable to log in for some reason.

Thanks.

EDIT: Tried it in Opera, as well. :?

hi my freind.

one of my problems in mybb, unable to login or logut :

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13622

----------------------------------------

i uplouded global.php (fresh) like your in host, but problem not solved.

but i uploaded all mybb files (fresh) in host on another directory and copy config.php & setting.php from forum directory to new directory, and run that.

very strangely, becuase this problem in new directory solved !!!

i decided upload fresh mybb to forum directory in Tomorrow.

if anyone have idea to fix this problem before tomorrow, post in :

thanx to all.
IMPAQ Wrote:Well... ended up going through the cPanel editor and it worked like a charm.

How strange. All I did before was edit it in Notepad and upload the changed file. Guess something happened along the way.

oh dude, your note help me to solve my problem.

thanks very much dude !

everybody read this note carefully:

DON'T EDIT MYBB FILES (PHP) WITH 'NOTEPAD' OR CPANEL EDITOR !!!

JUST EDIT WITH Dreamweaver or Other PHP Editor !!

to more details about my problems and how to solved, go to this topic :