MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1115 - Unknown character set: 'utf-8'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys,

On friday i went to my forum to do my daily checks and updates as usual but i was greeted with a page that looked very simillary to the wingdings font, i raised a call with my hosting provider who did some bits and now MyBB is disaplaying an error message.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1115 - Unknown character set: 'utf-8'
Query:
SET NAMES 'utf-8'

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I have seen some posts online suggesting that utf-8 dosen't exist instead it should be utf8 but i haven't changed or done anything to the forum to make these changes.

This is totally random, unless my web-host has done something and it not telling me i can't fathom what might be causing this at all.

Richard

I have resolved the problem here is what i did;

1. Logged into phpmyadmin and exported the database
2. Logged into cpanel and made a fresh new database & assigned a user to it with full permissions
3. Logged into phpmyadmin and uploaded the previously exported database
4. Opened /inc/config.php and adjusted the settings to match that in step 2.
5. Opened /inc/settings.php disabled line 327 $settings['gzipoutput'] = "0"; then saved the changes
6. Found the matching value from step 5 in the database, in this instance UPDATE weatherl_forums2.mybb54353453_settings SET value = '0' WHERE mybb54353453_settings.sid =164;

Believe it or not this fixed the problems, the forum is now loading successfully.

Richard