MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Same forum in two different categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, quick question...

I have 2 categories and one forum. How do I place the same forum in another category? I don't want to copy it. It's an active forum and I just want it to be easily accessed in my staff section.

Thanks Smile
Place a link in the category that you want it to be,
Let the link redirect to the forum you want to have "copied"

That's the best and easiest solution I can think of.
(2013-03-19, 10:20 PM)Skorm92 Wrote: [ -> ]Place a link in the category that you want it to be,
Let the link redirect to the forum you want to have "copied"

That's the best and easiest solution I can think of.

Yeah, I've thought about that as well but the particular category is for my registered members featuring a small tutorial on how to promote themselves to a full member after they've read the rules. In addition to the rules I have added a member support forum for registered users only but ideally, I would like to have the member support forum added to my staff category so my registered members get proper support should a problem arise.

No other solutions?
I'm hoping that more solutions can be offered in the future. For now... I've taken a different approach to make this work by using the stock features and settings that come with MyBB 1.6.9.

Who knows what the future holds... maybe the development team will try their hand at this one day if this thread gets enough attention.