MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.1.8 to 2.1 and front page is blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgrade my forum from 1.1.8 to 2.1 and according to the install script the upgrade was successful, but when I go to the front page of the forum it's blank. I know it's pulling up the index.php file because my install directory still existed and it gave me the error, but once I removed it then it was back to blank.

I backed up my forum file and database then copied the config and settings files in another location. I then updated all of the files with the 2.1 files, restored the settings and config, chod the files to 777 and lastly ran the upgrade script. I selected upgrading from 1.x and let it do it's job. Everything seemed to go fine, but now I'm stuck and not exactly sure which way to go.

Any help?

Kage_
Is your ACP working? Might want to try this fix: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7#pid84467
Just got it figured out. The fws.php plugin was causing a fatal error. I removed it and the front page is now working minus my theme.

Kage_
Yes, all plugins for 1.1.x should have deactivated before the upgrade! They won't work anyway, and neither will any of your old themes! Sad, I know! Sad Glad you figured out the problem though!
Was that by any chance a older version of the Forum Warning System? There should be one available for 1.2.1, just do a quick search at the Mods Community.
Yup that was it... I'll go download the updated version.

Thanks,

Kage_