MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add google analytics code manually?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The code can be either inserted into footer or headerinclude. Footer is preferred for performance benefits.
meaning better placed in the footer?
Yes. As it's a non-essential low priority code, it's better placed in footer. We need analytics for what? To collect data, and data can be collected if it's placed in footer, too. This may improve page loading times.
Personally i just use a plugin to add the code.
Save resources whenever possible. Such thing doesn't need a plugin. Although it comes to a personal preference and ease of use and depends on person to person. Smile
Was just easier for me but there you goSmile
(2013-04-04, 07:05 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. As it's a non-essential low priority code, it's better placed in footer. We need analytics for what? To collect data, and data can be collected if it's placed in footer, too. This may improve page loading times.

I need to enter the code into the footer templates like this?
like to enter the code into the headerinclude
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/google-analytics.js"></script>

(2013-04-04, 07:16 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Personally i just use a plugin to add the code.

I do not like too much to use the plugin, as it makes the server so heavy, that there might make us a forum to be fat. Big Grin lol

@crazy4cs: more precisely to put JS GA after TAG </ footer> or before? Huh
(2013-03-21, 07:14 AM)tomywid77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello friends
This is my forum: talkmoneyonline.com
How to add googleanalytics code manually?
I've tried the plugin but it still can't verified Sad
Help me pleaseAngel

I think you don't try to use any plugin, it's easy to add Google Analytics in Mybb without plugin. You also add it manually, try it here
Pages: 1 2