MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SSO Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have made a website where it uses custom login script, and I would like to merge mybb with my site. Problem is I don't know where to start since my site login script uses php session and has it own user database where stores all users information.

I would like to use mybb's login but my site uses Adobe Flash to register, so most likely either impossible or hard ot use mybb's login system. Is there any way to make mybb use my system's php session or use my site's login info?

My site login info would be like this: md5(salt + password)

Any help would be appreciated ^_^
You should look in mybb's core files Wink Thats all i can say. Copy-Paste codes from here & there.

Why dont you keep ONE database, that is mybb's. It would be more easier for you then.
(2013-03-21, 01:00 PM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]You should look in mybb's core files Wink Thats all i can say. Copy-Paste codes from here & there.

Why dont you keep ONE database, that is mybb's. It would be more easier for you then.

Forgot to mention the database is sqlite xD
I dont have much knowledge in this, But i am sure you can do this by having just ONE database, and that is mybb's.

You can just see the source of various core files of mybb & I believe you are knowledgeable enough in PHP that you will be able to integerate your login with mybb.
(2013-03-21, 01:00 PM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]You should look in mybb's core files Wink Thats all i can say. Copy-Paste codes from here & there.

Plus the site I made will handle more other data, and the site also shares data with a live server-daemon that hosts a service. Also, its the server-daemon is the backbone of everything in my site, the one that reads and generates data from time to time.

My original plan is just having mybb in the site so users can talk, hangout and share stuff, but still the daemon is everything. I can use mybb's login but the daemon account creation script will broken, and can malfunction a lot x.x

In the mean while, I'll take your advice and try see if I could tweak anything to work with my own system Smile