MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin panel editor! urgh!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know what Immersion is on about, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible without re-writing the html engine.

The latest firefox has a spellchecker, so I don't see why it couldn't have syntax highlighting...

But then again, we all know Notepad++ etc is the best for scripting!
ubermensch Wrote:The latest firefox has a spellchecker, so I don't see why it couldn't have syntax highlighting...
Then that would be a suggestion for Firefox, but regular internet browsers probably would not need this syntax highlight in the textbox.
real time syntax highlighting is pretty possible with javascript in editable text areas, but please, I find my local copy/paste ways better. The idea i suggested earlier in this topic went without notice but to be frank that will be better than spending a lot of time on a real time syntax highlighting for now.

Or, if you really have to do it, then just go for http://codepress.fermads.net/ ... There are thousands more, but I like this one. It's cool! Smile Ofcourse it uses the WYSIWYG editors approach and as I have written (crappy ones.. for personal use) in the past, I understand what can be a good choice. This one has all the features like "tab key support", ctrl+a support (select all) etc. It's pretty cool.
that codepress looks awesome, thanks for the link
Pages: 1 2