MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right my site has only been up a few days!

was really chuffed but

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/admadm4.freehostia.com/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 313
MySQL error:
Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/admadm4.freehostia.com/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 314

Query:

What should i do?

My Host is FreeHostia? They say that there isnt a problem so??
sorry people im no good with php?

http://chatbreeze.co.nr/
It's looks like their MySQL server is down. This is not a problem with MyBB, please contact your host.
mm dodgey way would just to delete these two lines in the file however then it would not show you the exact cause of any mysql errors in future im guessing. There must be an alternative but i think that a temporary one is just deleting them maybe.

lol im a fool, ok rather than that i put my mind into gear again. As the error is happening when the php is trying to display an error with your mysql. This means that there must have been an initial problem with the server and the mysql. However this may also be the cause for the mysql commands in php not to work. So therefore deleteing those lines wont help. It must be a server thing i guess.
Im well gutted! Only had it on for a few days? Seems i can still have html pages though?
i updated my message if you didnt see
lol.. oh ... sorry didnt see it!

well, can anyone reccomend me a decent host which has all the options i need to get it back on?
I'v been with 1and1 hosting for almost a year now. There cheap and never ever been down.
siteground.com and hostingplex.com are also two cheap, decent hosting, I've been with for a while. hostingplex.com has less options, and seem more stable, but your 'more on your own' with them.
Nooo! Don't use siteground.com.. Yuck! They might be cheap, but I've had some issues with them.
INITIAL PROBLEM SOLVED!

Was a host error!
Pages: 1 2