MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New idea. Need help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I'm new to the site. I'm a member of a BF3 clan that uses MYBB for our online site. We were discussing ways to improve our overall experience with our site which lead to me suggesting a new idea which, in turn, lead to me being tasked to find something of the sort on this site.

My idea was to have a general "Interest Box" where members would be able to input their own keywords of topics they are interested about and keep them on file. That way whenever somebody would mention a particular keyword in a post or a reply, a person who were interested would immediately be notified whether by email or preferably onsite.

For example, say on of my keywords on file is fallout. Whenever a different member makes a post or reply that uses the word "fallout" I would be notified so I can either learn more about my interest or be able to lend a hand and opinion. That way even if I'm offline for a few days and the post is buried and dead, I get the opportunity to immediately locate the post and join a conversation that otherwise I would have missed, which is unfortunate because I probably would have valuable insight and offered help for a topic i'm interested in.

Unfortunately, I am a very novice programmer, so I wouldn't be much help in developing something like that. I searched the site for about an hour in hopes of something that aligns to my idea. Any help that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. I think its a pretty good idea, hopefully it has already been created, if not it can be developed.
Thanks!
There is a plugin called "MyAlerts" which partially fulfil your needs.
(2013-03-21, 05:52 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]There is a plugin called "MyAlerts" which partially fulfil your needs.

Noted. This has most of what i'm looking for. It should definitely suffice.
Thanks
As for the other stuff I am sure there is a plugin coder here who would be willing to make that happen for a price maybe.

Good luck getting your idea fully working.
Where i can find this plugin MyAlerts? And does it work like explained above? Becouse i like a lot this idea
^ see details here MyAlerts plugin