MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moving host and domain also
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have problem now after i moved to different host

i backuped my sql database

i backuped all my files from old server and ulpoaded to the new one

installed the database.
but
now when i try to log in i am redirected to the same guest page again, it won't login.

secondly i know that its problem of cookie
so i tried to log into my admin page.
but i got this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yahprosc/public_html/xpert-zone.com/forum/inc/class_core.php:646) in /home/yahprosc/public_html/xpert-zone.com/forum/adming/global.php on line 185

i have changed the settings in config.php to new database settings.
and have set all chmod already

please help Smile
hi !

after moving you must edit 2 files : "config.php" and "settings.php".

when I was move my test board, I must change a small thing in my "General Configuration" from PCA too Wink
what do u mean Smile didn't get you bro which general configuration?, i did all in setting.php and config.php

please help anyone Smile
by the way i have changed domain name also, i forget to tell that, before domain was like sub.maindomain.com and now its newdomain.com  Smile anyone?

christian bro u read my topic and went away without giving any replySad
inc/class_core.php does not have anything on line 646, reupload a standard one from the 1.2.1 release.
all-expert Wrote:christian bro u read my topic and went away without giving any replySad

I had some stuff I had to take care of, my apologizes.

Your cookie setting should be:
Domain: .newdomain.com
Path: /pathtomybb/

[Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
CraKteR Wrote:inc/class_core.php does not have anything on line 646, reupload a standard one from the 1.2.1 release.

i did bro but as i said there is nothing on that line

i removed extra enters from my files
then it give error in different file
i opened the other one also with edit plus 2 and removed enters from that particular line.

In the End guess what i am logged in to admin panel

but still i can't login to forum, it always send me back to the guest page without loging in, it says that u will be move to forum back after login but again on forum page without login Sad

don't know what to do

after loging into admin panel i changed all the setting like cookies path bbhome, bburl etc

everything according to newdomain

but still error Sad
Did your change your cookie settings like I suggested?
ya bro i did i did change the cookies according to u Sad if u want forum url and other login details i will pm u Sad
You can PM me if you wish...I can fix this for you.

The best thing to do on a server move...upload an entire new set of files then reupload only your settings.php, config.php and any plugins. Of course also insert your database. You then edit your config.php and settings.php to reflect any changes.

It's all rather easy. Most likely you just corrupted a file in your backup and reuploading.
Did you clear your current cookies and attempt to re-login? If that doesn't work, they still might not be correct. In this case, try using this: http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php

Also, if your forum is at the root htdocs, the path should just be /.
Pages: 1 2