MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you recover your password and username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the forum and Database up but I cannot upgrade the forum or even gain entrance... How can I recover my username and password?
Hello,

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

This will change your password to "test" (no quotes).
However, change the UID in the query if your admin user doesn't have the UID of 1.
You can get the username via the database (look in the users table) and you should be able to rest the password there too. To set the password to "password123", run the following query where {UIDHERE} is your user's uid.

UPDATE mybb_users SET salt= '', password = '482c811da5d5b4bc6d497ffa98491e38' WHERE uid = '{UIDHERE}';

EDIT: ninja'd
Thank you I will run the query.. my site is down ..and I do not know when it will be back. Drat LOL right in the middle of working on that forum.. I really appreciate your help Conor and Euan. Smile

I got in now...but there is a problem... I changed the cookies on the settings.php to this :

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".community.thefreeweb.org";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Since:
http://community.thefreeweb.org
Is the address

I can get in.. but cannot access the board config or anything because It logs me out with the password change ( password123 ) when the log in box appears after being logged out it will not let me log back in..
I have the same exact issue as OP and I've tried the above suggested methods of changing the password on my super admin account but that doesn't seem to work, it hasn't given me the ability to login and update. Is there maybe some file I can check to find the cause of the problem?
I'm trying to run my forum on my localhost.

Bump. I want to fix this sometime today.