MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WebHostingHub keeps disabling one of my forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good news! I went from a shared host to my first VPS (unmanaged) with excellent security with no bloat like cPanel! So to those that may have doubted, I have been successful and I'll be releasing a video soon in case anyone wants to make the same bold venture!
(2013-04-13, 07:19 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Good news! I went from a shared host to my first VPS (unmanaged) with excellent security with no bloat like cPanel! So to those that may have doubted, I have been successful and I'll be releasing a video soon in case anyone wants to make the same bold venture!

Good job Smile How long did it take you to setup everything on the VPS & get your website moved over?
Took about 2 to 4 hours for migration and trouble shooting... most of the time was waiting for the right bid to come in on my security job offer. Once the right bid came in it took about 2 days of tweaking things and then I did my migration. The forum is running a whole lot faster now.
So now I've got to focus on my table-less responsive Foundation by Zurb framework theme.
(2013-04-18, 03:11 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Took about 2 to 4 hours for migration and trouble shooting... most of the time was waiting for the right bid to come in on my security job offer. Once the right bid came in it took about 2 days of tweaking things and then I did my migration. The forum is running a whole lot faster now.
So now I've got to focus on my table-less responsive Foundation by Zurb framework theme.

Ah nice, let me know when you've created the video would love to check that out Smile. Just shows if you want to do something it just takes a little effort and you will be on your way.
Pages: 1 2 3