MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poll Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently set up forums and have run into an issue with the first poll we have tried to do.

At first the issue was when someone submitted a vote (by clicking the vote button) the page would be blank. Seeing this I did a manual SQL insert into the "mybb_pollvotes" Table with my vote then returned to the thread with the poll. I saw that it recognized I voted but did not update the total. I then proceeded to check around these support forums and found someone with a similar issue, I used their solution and changes the:

<form action="polls.php" method="get">

to:

<form action="polls.php" method="post">

This changed the blank page issue to me getting the error:

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

I again returned to the support forums to search for people with similar issues. I updated all the templates that required updating and added in the code for the marking all forums read which returned the same issue. None of that fixed it. I have tried to find more similar threads and issues with solutions but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ Blondeninja
Reinstall mybb & it will be fixed.
(2013-03-22, 10:09 AM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstall mybb & it will be fixed.

Wouldn't I lose all the posts and CSS changes, etc, I have?
You would obviously back up your database and custom file edits before you attempt that.

BTW, on a shorter hand, you can try reuploading polls.php from a fresh package.
(2013-03-22, 07:02 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]You would obviously back up your database and custom file edits before you attempt that.

BTW, on a shorter hand, you can try reuploading polls.php from a fresh package.

Alright, ill try that first and in the meantime backup my files, I just wanted to see if there was anyway to fix this without reinstalling. Obviously if need be I shall. Thanks for the suggestions thus far Smile