MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages not displaying properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find the right keywords in the search to find the answer.

I've just found/installed MyBB and although it's technically working, it doesn't seem to be rendering the pages correctly. Whichever web browser I user - Safari, IE, Firefox - the pages end up looking as per the attached screenshot.

I have also tried downloading some Theme's but they end up in a similar state.

I suspect it's a possibly some kind of permissions issue although I did follow the installation instructions with regard to this.

I'm not totally sure of the MyBB version - 1.6.09 or 1.609 or, maybe 1.60.9? And it's running on a Linux web host.

Any ideas?
Speaking of permissions, have you CHMOD your "cache" folder to 777? That's where the stylesheets are stored.
(2013-03-22, 07:51 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of permissions, have you CHMOD your "cache" folder to 777? That's where the stylesheets are stored.

Hi ElectricShock, thanks for the hint, unfortunately the perms for that folder and all the sub-folders are already set to 777. The files, however, are generally set to 644 - with the exception of the files mentioned in the inst. instructions. Not sure I agree with setting the file to rw-rw-rw- (666), seems a little weak to me!

Cheers again though.
Hmmm, that happens to me when I mess up a code.
Delete the files and install again. What php version are you using?
Can you view the source of your page and inspect if the stylesheets are loading?
Thanks Lucky7 - deleting and reinstalling everything got it working.

Thanks for everyones help.