MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using a thread prefix in a reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I append a thread prefix to a new reply?
A plugin is needed to if you want prefixes for Post Subjects.

You will need to make changes to both the template (to allow users to change the prefix), the core with a hook (to process the prefix), and the database (to store the prefix).
(2013-03-23, 05:05 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin is needed to if you want prefixes for Post Subjects.

You will need to make changes to both the template (to allow users to change the prefix), the core with a hook (to process the prefix), and the database (to store the prefix).

Thanks Zash, I'll try to find a tutorial and plugin for that but in the meantime if you revisit this thread could you point me in the right direction?

Does XThreads accomplish this goal of mine?
Actually, I'm looking ... and if you want to use the same prefix that is used for the actual thread, I think you can make a template edit. I haven't actually tested this out though.

This should append the thread prefix to the subject title when using the quick reply form.

Go into showthread_quickreply and find the following (fourth line):

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

Replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: [{$thread['threadprefix']}]{$thread['subject']}" />
I've set multiple prefixes for that particular forum. I have started a thread without a prefix, there's no need for it... the prefix will manually be applied by Administrators, Super Moderator and Moderator. Regular members may not edit subject prefixes. How is this applied?

Going to mark this as SOLVED thank you! "+rep"

http://community.mybb.com/thread-136411.html