MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: username colours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be nice if in 1.8 all user names were coloured as styled in the acp user group settings, where ever they appear, at the moment in 1.6 i use a plugin, but would be nice to have it as core.
Do you mean on the usergroup twisting that the group name is styled with the username style?
If so it is a bit unnecessary and IMO would be best as a plugin or have an on/off option or even use the views feature to do this.
No i mean similar to what this plug in http://mods.mybb.com/view/styl-usernames does
Right got you. It is up to the devs wether they want to implement it. It could be that MyBB has been designed not to use the username style in those places.
(2013-03-23, 12:33 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]It is up to the devs wether they want to implement it.

It is indeed but its a suggestion, I think it just makes the forum look more delightful to look at.
I'm not so sure about that. Some forums use vibrant username colours and animations. Seeing that everywhere makes me leave the forum. On this forum it wouldn't be too bad. Glow and raining stars everywhere, who would want that?
Well not all admins use fancy names, and obviously there should be a option to turn it on or off depending on the admins choice. Personally i only use basic colours and some bold usernames and that is all.
I am one of the ones that would never use glow or animations.
I'm glad this forum doesn't.
A setting would be good but mainly its whether its added to the code or not.
I doubt this will be implemented before 2.0, but really hope it is added to 2.0 some way to do this easily let it be via templates, or plugins. Also a way to easily and worthwhile.
If you're going to implement it PLEASE disable it by default. There's no need for the names to be coloured in those places and it just hurts my eyes and distracts me seeing all of the random colours in a long list.
Pages: 1 2