MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which Domain would Be better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, So I have a project coming up, and I want your ideas & opinions Smile
I have 2 domains, fps-forums.com and fps.im
If you google FPS forums, there's surprisingally minimal competition, the forums that are there aren't very active, and with time & good content, I don't think would be hard to beat. (Well, behind the amazon link...)

Would it make more sense to run the forum on fps-forums, and use fps.im as a link shortener on fps-forums, or something creative to make it useful?
Or does the .im seem better/more professional/easier to remember?
I'd like to incorporate both if possible, but obviously I care more about long-term success, and I'm completely indecisive.
Call me old fashioned, but I think fps-forums.com is the clear choice. I still think .com carries the most weight and is most trusted. And for reasons I'd probably be hard-pressed to defend, I think that fps-forums is much more descriptive to potential users. fps.im could be anything. fps-forums is where I'd go to discuss shooters. For that reason, I also think that fps-forums.com is the easier of the two to remember. People have trouble with random tlds. I'm sure you're tempted by the shortness factor of fps.im, but really fps-forums is pretty concise too.

Was "FPSforums.com" already taken, I trust? (I am still a little biased against hyphens.)

Best of luck!
That's kinda my worry too.
.co is available, but those are just overrated.
Go with .com, it rules the competition. Telling from my experience. There is a much harder time to struggle with other tlds such as org, .co and other ones. .com is the best and if not available, go for .net.
Ah, thats a good point.
I agree with crazy4cs - unless the non-com TLD is significant to your branding (such as domains where the TLD is part of the name, bit.ly or non-profit organizations) then try to go for .com. Most users on the web are automatically conditioned to use .com when accessing a website and it will be much easier to remember.
Yea actually, good point.
Too bad all the good stuff is taken Toungue
Anyone have any reccomendations?
Anyone have any reccomendations?
I'd never even heard of .im until now.
Pages: 1 2 3