MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Despite recaptcha spammers register and spam my site last few days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite recaptcha spammers register and spam my site last few days

Im on godaddy, wordpress site, forum integrated visually i have a php file which is a page template with iframe code, script, etc...

How do they register?

I installed reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.1)

I disabled the default one as that is necessary toi have this one working. I have the code right, when registering it worked, it asked me to enter stuff yet still the spammers registered they even set their own avatar! lol... Help a brother out.

I just installed this and edited the four questions to my own:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

Hope this helps... and they are not common questions..
They aren't exactly bots, there are real people who spam the forums by signing up and copy/pasting a response into a thread.

My advice is to use http://www.stopforumspam.com/, it works great and stops a good 99% of the spammers I have on my forum Smile
Well the questions i posed lol... will require them to think hard as they are not common questions so i think theyll give up haha...
They're not bots. They're real people trying to spam your forums. What to take security precautions to enable Captcha validation for replies, thread creation, Personal Messages, edits, and random security questions everywhere. In this way, they know the forums is heavily secured, and give up trying to advertise, basically spam on your forums.
If you set a captcha on everything, your users just get ticked off. You've got to find some sort of medium.
Oh hell no lol not doing that. Well the captcha on register + custom questionaires so far are working... so far so good... hey anyone able to help me with my sql error problem in the other thread Sad
use question and answer in your registration Smile use very customized question so that the bot cannot answer it. its working very fine for me 99%
ya so far so good Smile
The question and answer worked fine for me for a while but now i seem to have more than ever.