MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to mass delete user ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guy how to mass delete user/member ?

in just 4 day and i have over few hundred spam user, pls guide me how to mass delete user ?????
thanks
MyBB admin control panel has pruning feature at users tab. try using it.
4 days in and a few hundred spam users sounds like you have very little or no spam protection and are a target. What anti-spam measures do you have in place to protect your forum?

As for 4 days in I'll assume you have a few or so legit users? Would probably be best to:
1. Admin CP -> Users & Groups
2. Select the "Users" box which will select every user
3. Manually deselect your legit users leaving the spammers checked

Probably best way to not have legit users deleted also.

But don't just delete them and move on, they will just keep coming back and it will get harder as you get more legit users.
(2013-03-24, 11:04 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]4 days in and a few hundred spam users sounds like you have very little or no spam protection and are a target. What anti-spam measures do you have in place to protect your forum?

As for 4 days in I'll assume you have a few or so legit users? Would probably be best to:
1. Admin CP -> Users & Groups
2. Select the "Users" box which will select every user
3. Manually deselect your legit users leaving the spammers checked

Probably best way to not have legit users deleted also.

But don't just delete them and move on, they will just keep coming back and it will get harder as you get more legit users.

no legit user yet .... just fresh install without single content :)

i'm using standard type decapha and send random password .... any good plugin recommend ?
thanks
(2013-03-24, 01:42 PM)SonnyCooL Wrote: [ -> ]i'm using standard type decapha and send random password .... any good plugin recommend ?
thanks

refer this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-110224.html
(2013-03-24, 01:45 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 01:42 PM)SonnyCooL Wrote: [ -> ]i'm using standard type decapha and send random password .... any good plugin recommend ?
thanks

refer this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-110224.html

thank spam bot getting scary, just few hour after deleting them ... i have 40 of them again ....