MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deleting a thread by FTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anyway to delete a thread via FTP ?

Since Im using free host for testing my sit, my CPU usage exceeded due to chats.. Hence I want to deleted that thread..
if you are using a shoutbox or an instant chat plugin then you have to remove that.
Well you can delete a thread as an admin hitting the delete button above all threads though not sure what good this would do in terms of reducing CPU usage.

What plugins do you have installed?
(2013-03-24, 07:51 AM)csetube Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to delete a thread via FTP ?

Since Im using free host for testing my sit, my CPU usage exceeded due to chats.. Hence I want to deleted that thread..

Short answer is no - you cannot delete a thread via FTP.
Threads are stored in the database. You cannot delete them via FTP.
Can i delete database row to delete thread ?
^ a thread on the forum can be deleted directly from the forum (forumdisplay page or showthread page)
I do not understand the reason for deletion of it through the database. a thread does not eat resources
unless you have used it for a different purpose (eg. embedded chat)
Go to yur phpmyadmin and delete them there...
As ZeoAbyss said, you need to go into PHPMyAdmin to delete the threads from the database inside the proper table. FTP is just server/website files.
PhpmyAdmin > *Insert databse name here* > Mybb_Threads > Drop/delete

Make sure to perform a backup before doing so just incase you screw up and delete something you shouldn't have.
Pages: 1 2