MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How CAN I BACKUP / IMPORT MY DATABASE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hellow guys, i want to move my mybb forum to another host. I know how to backup and import my site but i do not know how to do the database own. Pls help
There is an option in Admin CP, where you can make database backup. Select all tables and make database, after that download it. Go to your new host and import database. That's how you can import and backup database. I recommend you to read this tutorial how to move your forum to another host:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html
(2013-03-24, 01:32 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]There is an option in Admin CP, where you can make database backup. Select all tables and make database, after that download it. Go to your new host and import database. That's how you can import and backup database. I recommend you to read this tutorial how to move your forum to another host:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html

pls i dnt undastand dis
Go into your new hosting control panel and find out how to get into phpmyadmin. Once
you are in phpmyadmin click on your database name on the left. Once you click on the database
you will have access to all of the database tables. Now look at thetop on the right for the tab that
says "SQL". Now look down to where it has a browse button and says "Or Location of the textfile:".
Click on the browse file to find the Database Backup you downloaded on your old forums.
Then click the "GO" button, once its done it will have inserted all of the database a
I am sorry, but can you say me what exactly you don't understand here?
He does not understand the following text:

"Go into your new hosting control panel and find out how to get into phpmyadmin. Once
you are in phpmyadmin click on your database name on the left. Once you click on the database
you will have access to all of the database tables. Now look at thetop on the right for the tab that
says "SQL". Now look down to where it has a browse button and says "Or Location of the textfile:".
Click on the browse file to find the Database Backup you downloaded on your old forums.
Then click the "GO" button, once its done it will have inserted all of the database a "