MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads and Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m sorry if this is repetitive. I have spent my afternoon searching on the forum about this.

I am having trouble restoring a backup. I have not upgraded the forum since 1.4.3. My hosting company is upgrading to a new SQL and no longer using the old one, therefore I was forced to upgrade. (I know I should have upgraded ages ago, but life got in the way). I’m not as savvy with this stuff as I used to be years ago, a total noob once again and I’m lost. I downloaded the new mybb and started fresh. Everything is up and running but when I try to import the old backup via myphpadmin and I kept getting error messages. I followed instructions in my wiki. My hosting company is trying to help me with the import as we speak using SSH. I’m not sure if it’s going to work.

Just in case it doesn’t work… Is there any way to transfer manually files that contain thread content and such? I could care less about themes and such. I really just need the important content of the threads.

Update: My database was uploaded to my new SQL but nothing was restored.