MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden with Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to merge attachments into my new forum and keep getting the following error:

You don't have permission to access /merge/index.php on this server.

Which to me makes no sense since I was able to run all the other merges. What could be causing this?
Try to reset the owner values to merge/index.php.
I'm on a shared host using cPanel, not sure where I would find owner values. Unless you mean the permissions, in that case I've unset and reset them but still having the same problem. Permissions for that file are set to 644.

Just out of curiosity, could merge not be able to access the old forum and that's causing the problem?

I'm not 100% sure what the problem was, but I did find a work around. I took the "files" folder from phpBB and moved it to the main myBB folder. Then when performing the attachment merge I just pointed the url to the myBB forum (so mybb.domain.com/files). It transferred them all with no problems.

There must have been something in the phpBB files that was causing merge to throw the 403 error. I don't know what it was but I can confirm it wasn't .htaccess files since I renamed them. Anyway, hope this helps someone else in the future.
They will be in file manager right click the the folder for permissions