MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://chibifurs.com/forum/install/

I have gone through the code changes and chmod changes and I am still getting these errors. I am extremely confused as to why this is happening. Our files are loaded into the public_html folder (with forum as the folder name). I can provide screenshots of this if needed. Thank you for the help!
Well, if this is a new installation and the latest version of MyBB "1.6.9" and you followed the exact instructions provided here, it should be working. Are you sure you entered the correct database information? Did you even create one in cpanel on your hosting account?

Does your hosting meet the requirements for MyBB? > Requirements
I followed the directions exactly and can't even get into the installion panel to do anything with databases or anything like that but yes I ave on prepared for it.
I'm no expert but it sounds as if...

1.) You never created the mybb_ database
2.) Try 666 instead of 777 for chmod
3.) You didn't use an ftp client to upload your files or something is wrong with your .htaccess file.

Edit: Try re-uploading the files.
I have a database ready to go. i can't attached the file to it without the installer.

I changed over the ones that called for 777 to 666.

I used FileZilla to upload my files and I don't know what would be causing an issue with the .htcaccess file as it has not been touched.
I'm sorry for your troubles mate. Hopefully somebody can help you. I don't know what else to say Undecided
It's alright. Hopefully we can figure this stuff out ^^