MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .Htacess help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I talked with my host and they said its not there doing but its mybb coding in the htaccess file.

So anyways my forum is this:
http://active-gamerz.clanteam.com/

And I am getting the white screen of death. I need to figure this out. Someone please help me!

bump Updated sorry but feel as this might be a important bug.
Post your .htaccess file contents. This "White screen of death" might be a PHP problem too. But if everything is stock concerning MyBB and if your host setting are good there's no reason that your MyBB forum should not be working. There's no "bugs" like this in MyBB. So it's a probably an issue with your .htaccess or something else to do with either a corrupt install, incompatible host settings, a bad plugin, etc etc.
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

Okay here you go

bump..
Your .htaccess looks perfectly fine. Can you login your admin cp? Have you done file integrity checks?

If everything looks fine you can try to add
DirectoryIndex index.php
to the top of your .htaccess file after line one.
Edit: I found out the problem. The problem was I had a blank index.html file on the root of my server that is why it didn't load.
makes sense. Have a good one!