MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge unable to find my phpbb database? (Phpbb 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble trying to convert my phpbb3 forum over to MyBB.

When I try to run the database configuration, I get this error.

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'mydatabasename'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

[Screenshot of Merge] [Screenshot of Database from PhpMyAdmin]

I'm not sure what is causing this honestly. I was able to merge another myBB database just fine with the merger, so I don't think my merger install is broken, although I have tried reinstalling it twice now with no fix.

I know for certain the information I have put in is correct, and I have tried multiple times.
Both databases/installs are on the same web hosting so I don't think that is the issue either, I honestly have no clue what is causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MyBB Version: 1.6.9
PhpBB Version: 3.0.11
Php Version: 5.3.14-pl0-gentoo
MySQL: MySQLi 5.1.62

Ok so I have figured out the problem, I used a phpbb auto installer that was provided with my webhosting, how ever it appears for some reason all of information in the database was put under phpbb_auto_ instead of just phpbb_. I have renamed some of the tables and everything appears to be working fine now.