MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Out of curiosity.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have the recent changes in PHP had any effect on MyBB software?

Earlier today my host had upgraded the PHP version to the latest release, in accordance with released security fixes, etc. Unfortunately, there are incompatibility between the newest PHP versions and Zend Optimizer. So my forum "broke" until my host also upgraded the Zend Optimizer version to 2.5.7.

Is there anything similar going on with MyBB?

Also, could someone tell me where the error reporting is defined in MyBB? Which file will be sufficient, or how to change it otherwise to error_reporting(E_ALL);
MyBB should be fully compatible with the new version of PHP that you installed so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to change the error reporting, for some reason, you can edit global.php and change it there (or add it if it doesn't exist.)
It isn't the PHP version that causes the problems, it's the Zend Optimizer version combined with the PHP version. Certain versions are incompatible with others.

I guess if you haven't had any problems popping up out of nowhere, then it should be OK.