MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am listening... Smile
just now I've checked the group promotions on a test forum (local host).
user promoted by using post count. primary group changed from registered to confirmed.
promoted user no longer belongs to the default registered group.

images are attached in the zip file [attachment=28857]
(2013-03-26, 07:06 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]just now I've checked the group promotions on a test forum (local host).
user promoted by using post count. primary group changed from registered to confirmed.
promoted user no longer belongs to the default registered group.

images are attached in the zip file

Of course that works but it's irrelevant to the problems mentioned in this thread.
^ hmm., for the registered users you have certain restrictions ; you free them for the confirmed users.
doesn't that solve the issue ..
(2013-03-26, 07:17 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., for the registered users you have certain restrictions ; you free them for the confirmed users.
doesn't that solve the issue ..

No because the "Registered" user group can still see it's assigned Category/Forum even if they change their group access in user cp and it doesn't matter if they change their display group because the system won't allow them to leave their primary group.

Edit: Remember, there is not an existing group promotion set for "Registered" those permissions wouldn't be necessary and are not applicable in this case.
^ registered users' group (default primary group) is changed by MyBB by using group promotions
and those users no longer belong to the default registered group. checked it a number of times !
(MyBB 1.69). group permissions are different for the default registered and the new confirmed.

Restricting access to a forum using group promotions
(2013-03-27, 02:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ registered users' group (default primary group) is changed by MyBB by using group promotions
and those users no longer belong to the default registered group. checked it a number of times !
(MyBB 1.69). group permissions are different for the default registered and the new confirmed.

Restricting access to a forum using group promotions

Thank you for sharing and not to be rude or anything but still... that hasn't got anything to do with the problem I've discovered.

A group promotion will not suffice. The group I've been rambling on about doesn't meet even the minimal requirements of setting one up.

Okay, let's see if there's something I don't already know...

Is there a plugin that allows members to leave their primary group but an option allowing them to join a new group?
Pages: 1 2