MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: News Section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have a news section on your forum? Like on this website: http://gyazo.com/fdb6ae5fa05c9a09cc1b9478299930e1 . It would make it possible for admins to post news and then members could post comments.

What i also want to know if it will then be possible to make news comments a part of group promotions, like if they post enough news comments.

All help is appreciated Smile
XThreads should do it for the news section. Whether there is a plugin that promotes members based on post count in a forum I do not know.
(2013-03-27, 03:46 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]XThreads should do it for the news section. Whether there is a plugin that promotes members based on post count in a forum I do not know.

Is there any way you could provide me with a tutorial on how to make a news section with this plugin?
If you look in the MybbHack forum at a user called RateU you will see a link in his sig.

If you then look at the list and look through the tutorials/comments associated it will explain to you. RateU is a nice guy so if you show that you are willing to make a lot of effort yourself he might even help with the plugin.