MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums not marking as read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done my homework and searched the site for relevant answers.
my site will not mark a forum as 'read' either by clicking the forum image or by reading (actually clicking the link) or by clicking the 'mark forum as read' link.

This is what I have done and additional information:
*Searched myBB.com for a solution looking at and trying several solutions that have been posted before. So far, nothing, hence this post
* disabled all plug-ins - didn't help
* installed a new recent theme and made it default and forced on all users
and made a test account and still the same issue and also did the same for master template.
* in the ACP > forum display > Attempt to Mark Parent Forums as Read is 'True', tried it both ways
* checked my task manager logs and everything has ran and is running
* I am using the ApartLeaf theme as my default right now
* www.ivytechhelp.com is a fresh and new install, only weeks old
* Only being a young community, a week or so old, I have exhausted my thoughts on the problem
* No errors are occurring, so I don't know if that helps.

Hence the request.

one last note:
I have another board that is several years old and has gone through multiple updates (at least 5) that I performed using myBB and I have even done some over-my-head type of stuff with that site. It is still running pretty good. I am not 100% a newbie, but treat me like one Smile

I hate that this is probably a simple fix, but I just can't find it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I've actually run into this same problem and there are quite a few other forums with the same issue. I will definitely revisit this thread hoping that somebody knows a magic trick to fix this Undecided
Thanks for that quick reply and I read so many discussions over the same thing. I just hope I provided enough information.
(2013-03-27, 03:36 AM)green eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that quick reply and I read so many discussions over the same thing. I just hope I provided enough information.

Honestly, your thread is very detailed. I hope others can appreciate that and hopefully somebody will be able to offer a solution Wink
Help, Wink