MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User store thread sort by and thread order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible for users to store the 'sort by' and 'order' of a thread, possibly on a per forum basis?

Right now - unless i'm missing some option somewhere in my localhost install of MyBB 1.6.9 - i can obviously change the thread order via the 'Sort by' and 'Order' menus. But this doesn't stick. If i later revisit that particular forum, it goes back to the default 'last post' - 'descending'.
(I already searched this forum, and i know it is possible for the admin to set these values, but i'm wondering about each individual user)

So, is it possible to store this, like in a cookie? Or with a selector in User CP?

Also, in ACP i can select the default sort by and order for every (sub)forum. There is also a 'board default' option. Is this option hidden in a php file somewhere? I cannot seem to find it.

Thank you very much Smile
Anyone?
Surely someone must know something about this Smile
If this isn't already stored in a cookie (as I thought it was), then I don't believe there's a way within the core.
Thank you at least for this response. I too thought it would be stored in a cookie. It would probably be nice, but oh well.

MyBB forums have the same behavior. That is: you can sort a forum as much as you want, it doesn't stick. So i guess it really isn't stored.
I would have though it would be stored, but obviously not. Would be a nice feature to have.