MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preview Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure whether this is a modification to be made or just something simple.

I wanted to know whether I can make my forum or part of it to just get show a preview of the content.

For example I run a tutorial section, now people come find that sections from the search engines visit it and leave. What I wanted to do is just to create a preview of the topic and too see the rest they have to register.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Smile
I think, but am not certain a thread description is coming in gold or a later version. This will allow a user to put so many words about what the thread is about, eg:

Thread Title: Help is needed
Thread Description: MyBB is not installing
I have seen it on few forums. They show about 200 words of the forum and then we have to register to view the rest.

Those kind of stuff work well, they have always made me sign up at there forum doing that.
So there is by no means right now I can show only the first few 200 words and if the person wants to see the rest he either has to login or register.

It would be really neat if there was such a feature, it would increase the registration number on my forum.
You might want to try requesting this at:

myBBPlanet
or
myBBmods
Cheers, whenever I get time I will write to one of those sites and ask them whether they could develop a mod like that.

Thanks